What Are Facial Implants?
Sometimes, your facial features may lack the proper harmony and proportionality, causing you to feel self-conscious about your appearance. One of the best ways to address this concern is with facial implants. Made from solid materials that are compatible with human tissue, facial implants can be used to augment and enhance the chin, cheeks, or other physical structures of your face. The goal of facial implants is to provide a distinctive contour and a natural sense of proportion.
What Are the Benefits?
There are several benefits associated with facial implants, including:
- Implants can be used to correct facial asymmetry, leading to a more balanced appearance.
- Facial implants can create a stronger contour, addressing weak profiles.
- Available in a variety of sizes, facial implants can be personalized to help you achieve your specific goals.
- With an experienced provider, you can achieve a substantial yet natural look, boosting your feelings of self-confidence.
- Recovery time following facial implants tends to be very minor.
- With facial implants, you can enjoy long-lasting aesthetic results.
Is it Right for Me?
The best way to assess your candidacy for facial implants is to join us for a consultation. During the consultation, your doctor will provide a full physical evaluation, confirming your eligibility for a safe and successful procedure.
The best candidates for facial implants:
- Have a weak chin, sunken cheeks, facial sagging, or facial asymmetry that they would like to correct
- Are in good health overall
- Do not smoke or are willing to give up smoking
- Have realistic expectations about the treatment, recovery, and results
How Is It Performed?
When you arrive for your facial implant procedure, you will receive a warm welcome from our clinical care team, who will walk you back to the treatment area and begin the administration of anesthesia. Throughout your surgery, your comfort and safety are our top priorities.
The procedure itself involves incisions, typically made inside the mouth, to avoid any visible scarring. The implants themselves are carefully placed and moved into the aesthetically optimal position, after which the incisions are closed.
What is the Recovery Process Like?
Following facial implants, we recommend allowing a week to 10 days for your body to rest and heal. You will experience some facial swelling, which can last for up to six weeks, but the use of ice packs can help minimize your swelling. Prescription pain medications are available to help ease discomfort, though many patients find that over-the-counter remedies are more than sufficient.
Learn More About Facial Implants
Implants are one of the top options for correcting facial asymmetry and for ensuring a natural and confident appearance. To learn more about getting facial implants, schedule a consultation with 785 Aesthetic Med Spa at (785) 246-7125.