Patrick Lucaci, D.D.S., M.D.
Born and raised in Kampala, Uganda, Dr. Patrick Lucaci is the eldest of five children. With a lifelong dream of pursuing medicine, Dr. Lucaci earned his bachelor’s degree in dental surgery from the prestigious Makerere University in Uganda. Concurrently, he also received credits from Queen’s University in Belfast and the Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm, Sweden. Following his time at these universities, he moved to the U.S. to earn his doctorate in dental surgery from the University of Missouri – Kansas City (UMKC) in 2009. Once finished with his D.D.S., he pursued a medical degree from the University of Missouri School of Medicine in 2012. As part of his studies, he completed a general surgery residency and received a certificate in oral and maxillofacial surgery from UMKC. Since completing his education, Dr. Lucaci has proudly served his community in Salina, KS, and its surrounding areas.
Skills and Specialties
Dr. Lucaci has years of experience in the medical spa industry. With training in both dental and general medicine, he understands the complexities of the face, skin, and body. As a doctor of dental surgery, he has an in-depth understanding of the structure of the face. This makes him skilled at administering dermal fillers and wrinkle relaxers. Additionally, he specializes in nonsurgical and minimally invasive procedures, such as laser hair removal and FaceTite®.
Education and Training
Completing school with honors, Dr. Lucaci received his doctor of dental surgery degree from the University of Missouri – Kansas City (UMKC) School of Dentistry. To continue specializing in this area, he attended an intense oral and maxillofacial residency with UMKC. This residency also allowed him to earn a doctor of medicine at the same time. After receiving both his D.D.S. and M.D., he pursued an internship in general surgery and became a board-certified oral surgeon by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. To ensure the safety of his patients, he also has advanced certifications in cardiac life support (ACLS), pediatric advanced life support (PALS), advanced trauma life support (ATLS), and basic life support (BLS).
Dr. Lucaci is proud to be a part of several notable medical groups, including:
- The American Dental Association
- The Missouri Dental Association
- The Kansas Dental Association
- The American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- The American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
- The American Society of Dental Anesthesiologists
- The International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- The American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- The Kansas Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
Awards and Recognition
Based on his work and research in the industry, Dr. Lucaci has received many prestigious awards, including:
- The International Youth Leadership Award by Habitat for Humanity, 2003
- The Dentsply Award for Best Table Clinic Award, 2008
- The University of Missouri School of Dentistry Graduation Honors, 2009
- The Mosby Surgical Excellence Award, 2015
Presentations and Publications
Dr. Lucaci has contributed to several prestigious journals and has given lectures on dental implant surgery, ablative pathology and reconstructive surgery, maxillofacial trauma surgery, and facial cosmetic surgery. He has presented at several prestigious organizations and conferences, including:
- Comparing Suture Strengths for Clinical Application: A Novel in Vitro Study, Midwest Dental Conference/The American Dental Association
- Clinical Implications of Ameloblastoma, Midwest Dental Conference
- Treatment Options for Mandibular Subcondyle Fractures, Midwest Dental Conference
- Reconstruction Options for Basal Cell Carcinoma, Midwest Dental Conference
- Management of Sports-Related Facial Injuries, Sports Medicine Department at the University of Central Missouri
Dr. Lucaci works with several hospitals, including:
- Truman Medical Center, Kansas City, MO (2009 – present)
- Children’s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, MO (2009 – 2015)
- Saint Luke’s Hospital system, Kansas City, MO (2009 – 2015)
- Kansas City Veterans Administration Hospital, Kansas City, MO (2013)
- Salina Surgical Hospital, Salina, KS (2016 – present)
When Dr. Lucaci is not at work, he loves to travel and play golf.
*Individual results are not guaranteed and may vary from person to person. Images may contain models.